Candidate should have plumbing and fire fighing experience, UK codes.
* Candidates should have worked in consulting firms.
* Agree and monitor scope of works with the Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health.
* Clearly define building requirements and purpose of use with Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health and the Company to allow detailed design.
* Carry out detailed design to the Company and relevant Code of Practice and standards ensuring Construction Design and Management (CDM), QA and technical review and sign off by the Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues.
* Review and monitor the production of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off
* Ensure that information for project costing preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the Company informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions.
* Provide documentary information via the Company to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the Company informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions.
* Co-ordinate project contracts documents (drawings and specifications) and reviews input from team members
* Deal with the day to day queries from the Company, ensuring that relevant information is available on time for construction activity.
* Report to the Company in association with the Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health any variance between the works constructed and the design intent.
* Project manage commissions from the Company, using applicable project management tools.
* Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme.
* Follow in full the document control, archiving CDM and QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed in an appropriate manner, coach junior staff in their usage.
* Technical and Project Management.
* Raise the level of technical competence within the teams.
* Implement delivery and quality measurement processes.
* Promote technical excellence in all our projects.
* Undertake technical reviews, checks and contribute to the concept design.
* Provide continuous feedback to the Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health on the effectiveness of the protocols and processes in place with a view to continuous improvement.
* Develop positive professional relationship with the Company, communicating openly about project progress.
* Participate in team meetings, disseminate information within the team, and communicate with other teams in the Company.
* Identify and act on, or refer, potential risk issues and follow in full the company commercial and contracting processes.
* Manage delegated tasks to ensure that deadlines are met and flag resourcing concerns to team leader.
* Identify and flag additional fees to the Associate / Principal Engineer Public Health.
* Complete timesheet accurately ahead of weekly deadlines.
* Assist in elements of financial management.
* Deputise for team leader.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* The applicant will have proven experience in the design of Building Services with significant experience in a similar role or demonstration of a good track record.
* The senior applicants should ideally have obtained British Chartered Engineer status or equivalent, possess a degree in Building Services Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body i.e. CIBSE, INSRAE, ASHRAE, Institute of Plumbing.
* Excellent working knowledge of NBC, ISHRAE, ASHRAE and good working knowledge of UK codes would be advantageous.
* This includes undertaking feasibility studies and developing concepts through to detailed design, specification and tender to the required standards.
* Good presentation skills are also required.
* Must be fully conversant with technical software, such as Hevacomp and manufacturer's software.
* A sound understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project is essential.
* Must be fluent in English with an excellent understanding of technical terminology.
* Valid passport.
* Applicants need to be able to demonstrate good management and technical skills and be capable of working both within the team and independently, as dictated by work load.
* Promote the Company Vision and Values.
* Cultural awareness, conscientious and an open mind and excellent communication skills are essential requirements for the role.
* High degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
* Ability to work under pressure and with minimum of supervision.