1. To attend machine breakdown and taking corrective action.
2. To follow preventive maintenance schedule as per plan.
3. To prepare MTTR and MTBF of machines.
4. To ensure that wherever the safety features are installed , they are functioning properly.
5. To update the details of spares in system.
6. To check the new part with original drawing.
7. To support in installation of new machines.
8. To prepare and update the MIS related to consumption of spares, its cost and supplier.
9. To provide technical details to Purchase department for the procurement of parts.
10. To ensure that the part drawing ,currently in use, is correct and matching to the requirement.
11. To ensure that parts drawings are preserved properly.
12. To provide assistance and support in case of modification or upgradation of machine.
13. To take care of the tools and instruments provided to him.