- Perform test planning for the application high-level product / application scope & share knowledge pertaining to testing processes, domain skills, tools & any other technical needs as per the testing types with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop, enhance & improve the Automation Test Framework & Architecture to suit the needs of the testing context & required coverage.
- Understand the business requirement from business, target users and other sources.
- Understand the product / application technical flow from business users, technical teams & feedback from other users.
- Design & Translate the approved test specifications into automation scripts, automation input data in keywords for successful coverage & execution.
- Perform test execution for different testing types & testing phases (smoke, sanity, functional, performance & regression) - based on smart prioritization of automation test scripts mapped with build cycles & modules under development.
- Plan & manage the regression test suite to ensure value from running developed scripts & input test data as per the planned build cycles.
- Support overall defect management covering different applicable phases of the test life cycle for the product / application.
- Design, innovate & implement defect prevention & productivity improvement measures along with testing leads for delivering a high-quality product.
Skill and Qualifications:
Test Framework / Architecture / Process:
- Complete knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Test Lifecycle (TLC).
- Very good knowledge on working with Automation Test Frameworks & use architecture for improving test script development productivity & re-use.
- Working with development teams to frame common standards and optimal naming conventions for simplified approach of automation script development & execution.
Testing Core & Tools Knowledge:
- Automation with Selenium / JMeter / JUnit / TestNG / or any other tool is a must.
- Ability to use JAVA as scripting language with Selenium for automation is a must.
- Ability to work in a rapid release environment.
- Ability to understand the business requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Ability to understand the overall test framework and convert applicable tests into automated ones and improve overall test coverage.
- Execution of test cases and filing bugs with due diligence to detail.
- Expertise with any defect tracking tool like Bugzilla, JIRA, etc.
- Ability to learn domain / functional flows at a very rapid rate & optimize the script construction & execution by mapping these to the domain flows.
- Sharing knowledge within & across teams to ensure a common business understanding and providing optimal test coverage.
- Knowledge of Financial Analytics would be an added plus.