Job Description :
1. Document the companys database environment
2. Expertise in troubleshooting and performance monitoring SQL Server Database server (Query Tuning, Server Tuning, Disk Performance Monitoring, CPU bottlenecks etc.)
3. Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the businesss Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
4. Test backups to ensure we can meet the business Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
5. Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance
6. As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
7. Install and configure new SQL Servers.
8. Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities.
9. Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc)
10. When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
11. Must have experience in managing large & very large databases (TByte)