IT/ Information Technology
IT/ Technology - Software/ Services
- Participation in DBA 24/7 on-call/on-duty support.
- Proven ability to handle several assignments simultaneously.
- Proven ability to manage and work independently.
- Proven ability to mentor other DBAs and provide technical expertise when necessary.
- Superior proficiency in database manipulation using SQL Server technology and tools.
- Data migration experience.
- Windows operating system, shell scripting etc.
- Experience in Replication (Transactional) and in depth knowledge in high availability
- Experience in database Cluster (SQL 2005, 2008 & 2008R2)
- Experience in Log shipping
- Experience in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Participation in the review of ETL processes and recommendations regarding DBMS load strategies.
- Support of development, test and production database environments.
- Management and recommendation of DBMS software including upgrades, patches, maintenance releases, incidents, and tech alerts.
- Recommendation and implementations regarding new database features as they become available.
- Establish and monitor corporate database standards, including disaster recovery, security, and data retention.
- Management of database configurations, schemas and space.
- Rollout new application code/builds in various production and non-production environments.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot database issues and provide proactive recommendations on outage avoidance.
- Ability to determine and document root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of SQL database administrative experience with versions 2000, 2005, 2008.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- SQL Server DBA certification required.
- Clustering experience -- a plus
- Flexibility to work on weekend and night shifts
- Team lead experience a plus.
- Experience in SQL server 2012
Competencies/Skill sets for this job