This person will be responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of various functional architecture solutions. This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate individual functional and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply project management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
- Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services.
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
Required Skills and Experience:
Overall, deep knowledge and experience in architecting, implementing, and supporting environments and its operations are a must. Experience with cloud IaaS and PaaS platforms is highly desired. Knowledge and experience with software delivery and release processes from development to launch to production are important. Understanding and experience of DevOps especially around environment related activities-- provisioning, deployments, rebuilds, refreshes/restarts, scaling, and others are highly desired; particularly in automated provisioning, managing "infrastructure as a code", automated build/deployments and environments management.
- Architecting experience (from a infrastructure/hosting, database, networking and security perspective) is critical and experience with following cloud platforms is preferred: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Softlayer.
- 3+ years as a system admin/operations or release engineer with SOA based architecture, distributed applications and technologies such as C/C++, Python, Ruby, Java, shell scripting, web services, and various databases
- Experience in designing and building DevOp solutions, enabling capabilities in continuous integration and continuous delivery are highly desired; hands-on experience with tools in SCM (like Git, SVN), automated build (Maven, Gradle), continuous integration (Jenkins, Bamboo), and deployment automation (Puppet, Chef).