* Achieve annual sales targets for both print and eBooks for the assigned market/territory.
* Directly responsible for overseeing the entire sales process from prospecting to closing of opportunities.
* Actively present Elsevier suite of book titles to key institutional libraries, academics at tertiary institutions, Corporates, library suppliers, distributors and retailers via personal calls and visits.
* Drive growth of the entire books portfolio by developing new customers and upselling/cross selling new products to existing customers.
* Work closely with intermediaries such as booksellers and distributors and identify appropriate commissioned agents to drive sales.
* Attain minimum number of customer visits each month.
* Engage in value selling by proactively preparing and presenting eBook gap analysis and value stories to decision makers in academic institutions and corporate customers.
* Conduct monthly pipeline reviews with agents and resellers.
* Ensure that all sales opportunities are created and updated regularly in CRM.
* Present eBook value stories at roadshows, eBook Forums, Library Connect events and conferences to drive awareness and demand for eBooks.
Marketing and Administrative Responsibilities
* Gather, monitor and evaluate market and competitive information that impact on sales and marketing activities and provide feedback to head office as required.
* Develop and maintain product and related market expertise and work closely with the marketing team to execute relevant campaigns to targeted audiences.
* Provide detailed product information and updates to key customers and keep them informed of new products and features.
* Provide product training to Account Managers in A&G and Corporate and sales agents.
* Prepare presentation materials for product launches, conferences and customer meetings.
* Develop channel promotional campaigns to drive revenue and increase brand awareness.