- Partner with our customers to devise strategic solutions. You will act as the key technologist responsible for understanding the high level business requirements and translating them into a flexible and scalable high level solution
- Collaborate on and have significant influence into the strategic vision for our client's technology platform of the future - in areas spanning online, stores, SOA and API enablement, mobile, merchandising and foundational IT capabilities within retail
- Set direction for technical architecture, implementation models and approaches for delivering client projects
- Get hands on with new technology to evaluate, experiment with and ultimately recommend emerging technologies that deliver business benefits
- Implement proofs of concept, facilitate vendor integrations, lead package implementations and help the team overcome difficult technical problems
- Provide support for and help measure and govern software projects from a technical / product quality standpoint
- Collaborate with internal groups within Wipro and customer groups to achieve results
Desired Skills and Experience:
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or related field)
- Playing the role of a software architect on large projects in the last three years and ability to lead strategic engagements
- Have a strong aptitude for using models to describe information systems and experience in implementing business strategy with technology
- Assess multiple solutions for a business opportunity and recommend an optimal solution that is relevant and applicable for enabling the business to meet its strategic objectives.
- Work with key members of the management team to define and drive technical strategy and architectural direction for business solutions
- Develop the business case, including Total Cost of Ownership, for recommended solutions.
- Must have a desire to learn, grow and contribute with a focus on leveraging the collective skills of Wipro.
- Ability to tailor communications effectively at different levels and different groups is required.
- Cross-geography & cross-cultural teams: Working experience is a must
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills combined with presentation skills is a must
Technical Skills (Required & Optional)
- Working experience on one of the Online eCommerce platforms (Oracle ATG, IBM WebSphere Commerce, SAP Hybris, OpenSource Packages or Custom Java) is a must
- Knowledge of JEE and experience on one of the Java Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, OC4J, etc) is a must
- Knowledge of Java Spring framework is a must
- SOA based architecture and design using WebServices in SOAP/HTTP, REST is a must
- Knowledge of any one of the messaging middleware platforms (MQ, ActiveMQ) and Web Services is a must
- Knowledge of any one of the ESBs (Mule, WS02) is a must
- Knowledge of data modelling and design (Oracle experience preferred) is a must. NoSQL knowledge is a plus.
- Test driven development and unit test automation using JUnit, Selenium etc is a must
- Working knowledge of standard development (CI) tools such as Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Jira, Cruise Control, Wikis, SVN/Git, etc is a must
- Knowledge of Continuous deployment or DevOps tool such as Chef, Puppet etc * One or more projects on Agile based software engineering is a must
- Working with cloud platform providers such as AWS, Rackspace etc is a plus
- Understanding of Mobile App development models and architecture is a must