Primary Job Role:
Backup Design Specialist ( TSM + Netbackup )
- You will be leading the engagement as an individual contributor and be responsible to Design Backup Layout (Low level Design) after taking detailed feedbacks from customer needs, internal sales/presales solutions and other internal teams.
- You need to carry out Backup Assessments for customers, analyze the backup performance, analyze backup environments and recommend best practices to customers
- You will be required to implement new & niche of storage or backup solutions around a IBM storage technologies
- You need to collaborate with other teams (Development and Tech Sales) and carry out Proof of Concepts for IBM Backup products (like TSM, FCM, Spectrum protect)
- You will have to communicate effectively with teams across the world.
- You will be enabling our customers with optimal storage solutions by interacting closely with Customer and Presales/sales teams
- You will need to scale up on new Backup technology areas and lead as a subject matter expert.
- You will need to plan & Deliver technical training's and knowledge sessions to our Customers
- You need to have exposure to Storage Systems, Unix/Windows and Linux
- You need to be an active collaborator and have solid relationship with team members
- You will need to take part in planning cross platform backup migration.
- Working on emerging technical areas e.g. data de-duplication and Protectier
- You will need to have related knowledge on some the Applications & Databases present in the industry.
Exposure to Linux/Mainframe/MVS based Operating System will be an added advantage.
Criteria required for application for Storage Architect
6-10 + Years of relevant experience on backup and storage technologies.
- 16 or more years of education required.
Education - B.E/B.Tech OR MCA(Preferred)
Required Skills - Deep Technical skills in Backup & SAN Domains, Excellent communication skills, and Non Technical Soft skills
- In depth knowledge (L3) of TSM backup domain
- Experience in Installation and configuration of backup subsystems is preferred
- Experience in Performance Analysis and Tuning of any backup subsystems is mandatory
- Experience in backup data migration techniques is mandatory.
- Should be well versed and conversant with any of the Storage Replication techniques
- Should be well versed and conversant with SAN switch/SAN director
- Should be well versed and conversant with admin knowledge on AIX/Unix/ Linux/windows/MVS.