Essential Technical Skills:
1. Minimum 5 years of technology experience
2. In-depth experience in release management of a technology platform
3. Experience with application development release processes and tools
4. Experience using configuration management tools and/or processes
5. Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
6. Strong project management skills
7. Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
8. Ability to build and manage relationships effectively across business and technology teams
9. Experience creating detailed production implementation plans
10. Knowledge of SDLC processes
Highly Preferred Technical Skills:
1. Self-motivated, proactive, and solution oriented
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to present and discuss technical information to technical audiences and also be able to summarize key points and actions for non-technical audiences
3. Experience with Perforce (preferred) or other Source Repository tools
4. Experience with case management software (Remedy, Jira, etc)
Essential Job Function:
1. Work closely with development partners to track all software releases, coordinate all groups through a release plan, and communicate release components and partner dependencies through proper documentation
2. Manage a work queue of production issues and schedule for release according to development team estimates and business team and business partner priorities.
3. Manage monthly maintenance releases working with business team members to establish priorities for updates and with the development and QA teams to deliver the updates
4. Manage all release day preparation and execution through the use of production delivery work and communication plans
5. Serve as a liaison between business units to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of releases, answer questions, and serve as source of knowledge for application releases
6. Coordinate release schedules with different teams (including environments, code base and other activities). And communicate the same to all internal users.
7. Work proactively to anticipate and resolve release or production issues and escalate when appropriate
1. Demonstrated experience and commitment to live the Company values and leadership framework, and strong desire to be part of a HOW exemplar company. Excellent communication skills are important to this role. Specific subject matter expertise as well as industry vertical experience is essential.
2. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management, IT or related field.