- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Design and maintain application code within the Enterprise Liferay Portal using Java
- Develop Portlets using Plugins SDK, APIs, XML and Java specific web services, including but not limited to JSR 168, JSR 286 and WSRP.
- Deploy plugins including Portlets, themes, layout templates, webs and hooks
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to utilize development techniques to ensure high availability of the system based on expected load
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability with object oriented programming, Java programming, Liferay Portal theme development, developing portlets and integration components for a Liferay Portal, Portal standards, SQL and web server administration
- Thorough understanding of portal administration, user interface standards, and web design best practices and principles
- Knowledge of cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work cohesively within a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent project initiatives
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field OR combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years of college education.
- 3 or more years of web application development experience
- 1 or more years of Portal development experience
- Experience with software development methodologies, tools, and techniques