IT/ Information Technology
IT/ Technology - Software/ Services
- Minimum 2 years of experience in deploying and administering a multi petabyte Hadoop cluster.
- A deep understanding of Hadoop design
principals and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Well versed in installing & managing
distributions of Hadoop (CDH3, CDH4, Cloudera manager, MapR, Hortonworks,
- Strong software development or scripting
skills - Java development a plus.
- Experience supporting redundant systems with 24X7 availability requirements
- Good knowledge of Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Can speak and understand the language
of big data scientists
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and associated components -- Pig, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, etc.
- Strong knowledge supporting, installing,
and configuring Linux based systems
- Strong knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, OpenTSDB