ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
8-12 years of overall Experience in Design, Architecture, Implementation of infrastructure solution and 2-4 years of extensive experience in Openstack design and implementation with exposure to other cloud related technologies like windows Azure and AWS
Minimum 5 years of Linux/Ubuntu experience
Minimum 3 years of OpenStack experience - Nova, Glance, Keystone, Neutron, Swift/Cider
Cloud experience, including design/implementation, transformation, workload migration, performance analysis, HA, orchestration, automation
* Experience with provisioning and configuration management systems
* Subject matter expert in cloud and associated architectures/technologies
* Translating business & technical requirements into a solution architecture, in alignment with OpenStack roadmap.
* Technical discussions with customer stakeholders around OpenStack and its application within their enterprise.
* Driving workshops focusing on the transformation of the customers technology towards an OpenStack-based solution.
* Experience with multiple virtualization technologies, for example: VMware, Xen and Hyper-V
* Ability to manage and coordinate OpenStack proof of concepts
The OpenStack Engineer will possess prerequisite technical and consulting skills, including:
* Bachelor's degree, technical degree or equivalent experience
* Any cloud related certifications is a plus
* Experience with alternate cloud technologies, for example: Amazon & Microsoft Azure
* OpenStack community participation
* Strong understanding of networking, infrastructure and client side architectures and system design.
* Ability to understand and refine clients' business requirements and non stated requirements and convert it into a cost effective Solution Design.
Experience in development, implementation, design and architect highly available solutions
* Must possess the technical/functional skills necessary to understand and manage consulting project engagements.
* Experience in developing data center design, architecture and implementation plans, and managing end-to-end implementation lifecycles of data center related projects.
* Excellent hands-on knowledge on the best-practices of deploying the data center solution.
* Excellent client facing and communication skills (verbal and written skills)
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Visio, Word, Powerpoint is a must