* Perform and plan: (i) the programming, testing, and documentation of programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures and listing, (ii) the programming of analysis dataset (derived datasets) and transfer files for internal and external clients. and (iii) the programming quality control checks for the source data and report the data issues periodically.
* Detect errors in detail, corrects them (e.g., reviews tables/listings, edit checks output and SAS programs to ensure quality of deliverable) and report it to appropriate personals (internal or external clients)
* Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to SP teams and Statistical Programming department.
* Perform and plan the development, implementation and validation of new process technologies, macros and applications.
* Fulfill project responsibilities at the level of technical team lead for single studies, under supervision.
* Understand timelines for and milestones affecting their work and alert supervisor to potential slippage.
* Provide training and mentoring to SP team members
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of statistics, programming and/or clinical drug development process
* In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
* Ability to implement programming specifications, as appropriate
* Ability to estimate programming scope of work and assist in communicating project status
* Working knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Graph and SAS Macro Language
* Exhibits routine and occasionally complex problem solving skills
* Recognizes when negotiating skills are needed and seeks assistance.
* Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects, under supervision
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients