This position is responsible for design and implementation of the Monsanto Global LAN and WAN Projects. The scope of this role includes ensuring that all voice & data networks be designed and implemented to meet customer expectations, while staying under budget, and complying with company hardware and configuration standards.
* Design and Implementation of VoIP & Data Networks for new buildings, expansions, and remodels at a global level.
* Must have the ability to perform configuration, IOS upgrades, and implementation for LAN and WAN equipment.
Routers: Cisco 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900 series routers. Ability to configure BGP and OSPF. Ability to configure WAN technologies; MPLS, Frame-Relay, VPN, MLPP, Ethernet circuits.
Switches: Cisco 3700, 4500, 6500, Nexus series switches. Understanding of power management design for PoE devices, VLAN configuration, trunking, and spanning-tree.
Wireless: Cisco 4000 & 5000 series controllers, WiSM controllers, heavy weight & light weight Cisco access point configuration. Ability to properly design a wireless network without dead areas, and with the proper amount of hardware.
VoIP: Cisco CUE devices, configuration of dial peers and/or voice ports on Cisco voice gateways for call routing.
* Must have the ability to Coordinate LAN/WAN/telecom projects for remote sites with other Monsanto IT teams.
* Must have the ability to document all project work in Microsoft Visio.
* Perform technical troubleshooting of routing issues, IP addressing problems, call routing, etc. for end users and server teams.
* Position may require travel to the Monsanto remote sites around Bangalore for implementations.
* Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
* Proven experience in design and implementation of a LAN/WAN/VoIP environment
* Experience in managing LAN/WAN/VoIP projects
* Skilled in troubleshooting of LAN/WAN/VoIP networks
* Bachelor of Science in Networking field or 7-10 years network experience
* Strong proven experience with Cisco routers/switches/access points/wireless controllers/voice gateways.
* Network experience using TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet, Frame Relay, ATM, OSPF, VoIP BGP.
(Behavioral patterns identified as essential to positions success)
Risk taking: Must have the ability to adapt to change and work in ambiguous situations, anticipate future requirements, and have the ability to make and communicate decisions.
Leadership: Have the ability to influence and win support from others and have the confidence and trust of others. Confronts and resolves difficult situations.
Results orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
Communications: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communications. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions. Handles questions well in highly visible, challenging situations.
Client focus: Identifies and satisfies the needs of external and internal clients. Continually pursues ways to provide value-added solutions. Builds relationships and trust with clients.
Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
Business knowledge: Understands how the business is run. Stays informed of industry practices and directions in IT to enhance organizations effectiveness.
Problem solving: Makes sound, timely decisions. Evaluates short and long term impact of decisions. Demonstrates good judgment and confidence to select appropriate approach and take full responsibility for end results.