As a Software Development Manager, lead a team or multiple teams. Your actions set the tone for your team & drive things forward,define excellence for your team by establishing & maintaining high standards for innovation,quality & customer Services.
* You define excellence for your team by establishing and maintaining high standards for innovation, quality and customer service.
* You have a deep understanding of the overall systems development life cycle.
* You build flexible systems and processes that balance engineering complexity and on-time delivery to create business impact.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Provide technical and people management leadership for a growing team of software engineers in building and extending customer facing web applications and REST-based Java API services.
* Store web applications are designed and built to provide the best web based digital music customer shopping experience on desktop and mobile devices.
* Store API services consolidate business logic and workflow for purchasing MP3 titles and provide an abstraction layer between store client applications and in-house price calculation, payment processing, merchandising, accounting, and cloud storage services.
* This engineering leader will work directly with Music product management and various engineering service owners to design, implement, harden, and provide operational support for owned services.
* The individual will also have direct involvement in driving business strategy and product direction for the Music Store customer experience.
* Attracting, developing, and managing a world-class software developers working on both front end and backend services and advances distributed systems and/or transaction based systems that will be deployed globally.
* Build strong teams and successfully organizing and leading their efforts to deliver excellent results for customers.
* Own and drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
* Participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, work closely with product management and Sr. leadership.
* Actively participate in recruitment of candidates for technical positions and mentor junior technical staff.
* Deep, hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
* Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality.
* Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
* Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and keep high quality development teams
* Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership
Skills & Experience
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field. Masters preferred.
* 7 to 10 years of software development experience and 4 to 6 years of people management experience.
* Solid programming skills in Java, C/C++/C# or Perl and a deep understanding of object oriented design.
* Development expertise in UNIX, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools.
* Experience in designing and implementing information retrieval, web mining and classification algorithms.
* Experience in development of scalable, extensible, complex distributed systems.
* Experience with open source technologies and Agile development methodologies.
* Robust project planning and execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests.
* Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions.
* Develop project business cases and decide the right priority.