The resource will be a part of Currency Services team.
The candidate will be responsible for development & support of applications within Currency Services team.
The role would entail the resource to be working in close coordination with his/her peers /Project Manager/Technical Manager/Team Leader, IT colleagues, business users and other parties involved from UK, Toronto and other regions, in order to address business needs and requirements and assisting in adherence to project standards, processes and guidelines to ensure both depth and quality.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.E (preferred)/ B.Sc / B.Tech/ MCA or other qualifications - diploma (with Mathematics and/or IT as compulsory subjects) with a minimum of 4 years of IT experience.
- Experience of Asp.Net 3.0/4.0, C#, MVC 3.0/4.0, OOPS, ADO.Net, Entity Framework, Linq, Web Services, WCF, SQL Server, Java script, Jquery.
- Good understanding of Web based projects.
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns and its implementation.
- Understanding of OWASP principles and its usage in Application.
- An understanding and interest in the use of IT within business functions.
- The resource must possess the following set of qualities:
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills and self-confidence.
- Has good grasp of English (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrate a - can-do- attitude - an ability to take on professional challenges and be both proactive and resourceful in responding to change.
- Be flexible with regard to changing workloads
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills.
Willingness to learn new technologies or to work on other applications if needed.
Openness to feedback from superiors and ability to work under their guidance.
- Measures of Success
- Log time recording statistics, for monthly reporting, against all tasks.
- Required to work during UK hours.
- Be an effective member of the team.
- Be adaptable to change.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have good interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator - both written and verbal.
- Understand the concepts of the Development Life Cycle.
- Understand IT concepts and best practices.
- Work tasks completed to agreed time scale and cost
- Problems resolved in a timely manner.
- Time sheets completed frequently; regularly and accurately, for the timely provision of ad hoc MI queries.
- Team Leaders aware of issues arising and progress of pieces of work.
- Users providing positive feedback on work undertaken.
- Dependable and reliable timekeeping and attendance.
- Reliable and robust solutions to business requirements or system failures.