We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter Software engineer/Senior Software Engineer with expertise in building scalable, extensible and user-friendly mobile applications, identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks, collaborate with other team members to innovate current/new
products; Identify, communicate and implement best practices for application engineering. Our engineering process is fully agile, and has a really fast release cycles - which keeps our environment very energetic and fun.
- BE/M.Tech/ME or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 2+ years experience in developing mobile apps on Android, in-app browser programming
- Experience in development of native android app on any mobile app framework. Must have published at least one Android app in App store.
- Experience in Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code on mobiles (Android).
- Experience of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes and responsive designs
- Experience with RESTful APIs, 3rd party libraries and JSON to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience in automated testing of mobile app using any testing framework e.g. appium
- Excellent programming skills in OO Java, Web services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking; optimization and automation
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle - design, develop, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multiple site organization).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of Android ecosystem
- Knowledge of google analytics or other analysis package, A/B testing.
- Experience in node.js and Express (or any Web Application Framework on node.js). MySQL, YUI, DOJO.
- Experience in Data Structures
- Experience in client side frameworks (Backbone or Angular)
- Experience in Cross browser functional testing and unit testing, HTML (preferably version 5), CSS-3,