The position is for a member of Electronic Trading Technology team that develops applications to support functions such as Algorithmic Trading, Crossing Engines and Smart Order Routing as well as key application development to support wider initiatives within the Equities business. The applications has server, database and front end components and are predominantly written in Java; hence strong core Java technical skills are essential.
We are seeking a strong motivated individual to be part of out strategic core team based in India working on the crossing technology platform. The individual will work closely with other leads and developers in the global team to ensure that the high quality of deliverables is maintained and directly contribute to the growth and success of the technology platform and the business.
- Ability to handle complex projects independently.
- Work with global teams for gathering requirements
- Design, implement, integrate, and test new features on the crossing Platform.
- Work coherently with other leads and prod-devs located in other regions.
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide fixes as needed.
6-8 years of experience in Core Java application development (Threads API, JDBC, Collections API, Spring)
- Strong object oriented design and programming fundamentals
- Must have experience in scripting languages like Python, Perl.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Exposure or experience with FIX and messaging systems such as 29West LBM, Solace, TIBCO EMS or similar middleware.
- Experience in developing low latency/real-time Equity trading platforms is desired.
- Solid team member with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a larger global team.
- Experience of algorithmic trading and electronic trading business or technology would be beneficial