- Build, design and code new features and enhancements for web sites, APIs and backend platforms
- Build web applications that work equally well on desktop and mobile devices
- Building integration solutions for 3rd party services such as Payment Processing, Inventory management and Automation, Warehouse control systems and many more.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive web design
- Solid knowledge of scaling web applications and asynchronous architectures
- Passionate about TDD
- Experience with search platforms (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc.)
- Contributed to open-source project(s)
- BE/B Tech from 4 year college or university
- 3+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of open-source development experience using Ruby
- Understanding of MVC frameworks such as Rails, Sinatra, Django, Express or similar.
- A passion for writing maintainable code with a deep understanding of OOP, design patterns, and data structures
- Experience designing, building and testing REST API- s
- Experience with test driven development (RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara)
- Strong - nix skills (Linux, FreeBSD, and/or Mac OS X preferred)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Strong SQL skills, familiarity with PostgreSQL a plus
- Familiarity with GIT version control.