- Project implementation work for new application related files, software tools and executable modules.
- Project definition work, advising on and testing proposed technologies.
- Provide support for production application and webserver platforms, incidents and events.
- Actioning service and change requests.
- Dealing with clients technical contacts.
Should have very good communication, written and presentation skills.
Should be an all-rounder and willing to expand their horizon to other related areas this role demands.
As a starting member of the team, the candidate should able to work independently with limited support from UK team.
Skills and Attributes
- The successful degree (B.E and MCA) level candidate must have commercial experience in installation, configuration and support of tiered software solutions. Being proactive, organised and adaptable, you- ll need to keep close attention to detail, even under pressure. The role requires strong troubleshooting ability and the proven ability to plan and test work thoroughly.
Essential technical skills
- With a Linux background 3 years- experience building and supporting client's mission critical web applications.
- Installing, configuring and supporting Apache, Tomcat and Jboss
- Unix platform administration
- Shell or other scripting language
Preferable technical skills:
- Load balancer support and configuration (SteelApp or other)
- SteelApp Web Application Firewall
- Configuring monitoring tools (Xymon, Zenoss. OSSEC)
- General IT knowledge, networking, application configuration
- Exposure to working in AWS and VMWare environments
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet)