- Primary owner of one or many production services for the rapidly growing Jifflenow applications suite.
- Primary point responsible for the overall operability, resiliency, performance, and capacity of owned production services.
- Collaborate with developers in the deployment and scaling of new product features to facilitate rapid iteration and massive growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor production applications in a large-scale Linux environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that services and platforms are designed with 'operability' in mind.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for third-tier escalations.
- Minimum 3 years of Unix/Linux systems administrator level experience.
- Fundamentally strong experience in web application concepts and standards.
- Proven production service trouble-shooting skills that span applications, systems and network.
- Demonstrated programming skills in any of Ruby, Python., etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a consumer web scale Technical Operations role.
- Solid understanding of operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring and incident handling.
- Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners.
- Passion for cloud technologies and automation around cloud technologies.
- Understanding and Experience on resolving Incidents as per ITIL Standards.
TOOLS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
-Scripting: Ruby, Bash, Python.
- Configuration Mgmt. Tools: Ansible, Chef.
- Cloud Systems: Rackspace Cloud, Amazon AWS.
Virtualization Systems: VMware ESX, KVM, LXC.
Version Control: Git.
Appservers: Passenger (Nginx/Apache), Puma.
Load Balancers: Nginx, Amazon ELB.
Key-Value Databases: Redis
Collaboration & ALM: Trello, Pivotal Tracker.
Build Tools: Rake.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins or ThoughtWorks Go.
Operations Runbook Tools: Rundeck.
Monitoring & Metrics Tools: Nagios, StatsD, Graphite, Ganglia or Zabbix.
Web Frameworks: Rails, Sinatra.
NICE TO HAVE
- Committer to relevant Open Source projects.
- Prior experience working in a DevOps capacity.