Roles and Responsibilities:
Strong architecting and designing experience of networking product(s) and systems, networking firmware.
Familiar with the functional and non-functional requirements for control plane/forwarding plane in L2/L3 networking protocols.
Strong domain skills - MPLS TE, L2 - Ethernet, xSTP, LACP,QoS, IP Routing protocols - IGP/EGP: BGP, OSPF, CSPF, IS-IS, MP-BGP, iBGP etc. BRAS Protocols : DHCP, PPP, L2TP, AAA, RADIUS, DIAMETER,TACACS, Policy Management, Subscriber Management
Experience in defining the SW architecture and Functional Specification development.
Experience in building the overall platform infrastructure support including the chassis /equipment management , High Availability etc.
Ability to anchor the development of team technically and drive the requirement integrity
Protocols /Domains :
- L2 : RSTP, LACP, CFM(good to have)
- L3: IPv4/v6, VRRP, BFD, OSPF, BGP (good to have), QoS
- Mgmt: SNMP, Netconf
- Broadcom, Any Network Processor
- Linux internals & kernel programming
- Strong C skills.
For PPA development:
- IPv4/v6 forwarding
- L2 switching
- QoS, ACL and NAT in forwarding plane
- BRAS (Broadband Remote Access Server)
- MPLS forwarding
- BFD,VRRP protocols (good to have)
- L3 routing protocols like OSPF,BGP (good to have)
- C (Very Strong)
- Working knowledge on a L2/L3 node
- Strong OS internal knowledge (linux or likewise OS)
- Assembly of any 32-bit processor (good to have)