Qualifications and Experience:
1. Undergraduate / Graduate degree from a top university and relevant experience working on data analytics and knowledge of and experience with analytical tools, relational databases, SQL, and tradecraft and tools.
2. Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
3. Comfort working with and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources, a strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data, and a flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
4. 3-5 years of strong programming Programming (not just scripting) in languages like Java, Ruby, etc.
5. Big plus: experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
1. Work closely with our product, engineering, and marketing teams to identify, collect data around, analyze and answer critical product questions
2. Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data and drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
3. Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product, engineering, and marketing teams.
If you are a strong Data Analytics Scientist with large data sets experience, please apply immediately for this amazing opportunity.
Data Analytics Scientist
Large Data Sets
High dimensionionality data