* Main duties will be facilitating RFPs and Tenders
* Review and maintain existing Contracting strategies in the optimal manner to secure third party services in compliance with schedule, quality requirements and on best commercial terms taking full cognizance of risks and opportunities.
* Lead and facilitate development of top quartile contracting strategy and tactics that pursue cost competitiveness and leverage global strategies as appropriate.
* Leverage category management opportunities through Enterprise Category and Supplier Management.
* Manage the activities of a team of specialists (0 - 10 staff) in the provision of contracting services on the Project.
* Ensure C&P deliverables for DCAF and PCAP are fulfilled.
* Mitigate commercial risks on Project Risk register.
* Embed CMCP processes within Project strategy and tactics.
* Ensure compliance with Global and UA governance processes for contracting strategy, award, and contract management recommendations.
* Execute detailed prequalification, tendering and negotiating tactics in support of the CP strategies
* Develop and implement the project local content plan to utilize and build market capacity and capability.
* Drive HSE and Goal Zero in the process of contractor selection and in the subsequent work execution phases.
* Develop and implement opportunities to increase the use of effective local business capacity.
* Develop and implement comprehensive post award contract management plans for all major contracts awarded.
* Ensure all variation requests are dealt with in a timely manner, and structure and manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner with the objective of minimizing major claims and disputes.
* Lead project teams in selected negotiations with contractors to achieve the mandated project objectives.
* Lead project teams in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk and insurance specialists.
* Ensure the collection, analysis, validation, maintenance and capture of information and market intelligence relating to the international engineering contracting market particularly within the relevant operating regions.
* Frame the delivery of Local Content Business Development plans to meet national obligations and manage stakeholder associated relationships and aspirations.
* Contribute to the group Supplier Relationship Management process concerning performances in the region.
* Maintain a close working relationship with project services, finance, legal and other functional teams to ensure that CP documentation is compliant with project reporting and controls requirements and all fiscal and legal regulations.
* Ensure business ethics are maintained to the highest level and ensure compliance with the Group Statement of General Business Principles.
* Develop, advance strategy/tactics, execute, and administer large construction agreement with complex commercial structures (500m+). Engage multiple stakeholders in the process, and ensure best practices delivered in home office and in the field.
* Provide leadership and input for the development and execution of field contracting strategy.
* Manage and administer his/her own portfolio of contracts in addition to the responsibilities described herein.
* Structure and manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner with the objective of minimizing claims and disputes.
* Advise and support Project Directors, Managers and Engineers on the fundamental principles, processes and procedures to be adopted in developing and implementing contracting strategies.
* Ensure the development and consistent application of prequalification processes, procedures, tendering, bid clarification, evaluation and recommendation for contract award processes and procedures that are in compliance with the Group Business Principles.
* Support/Lead project teams in the negotiation with contractors to achieve the mandated project objectives.
* Manage and / or advise on the preparation of submissions for the various Contract Boards, particularly the Global Contracts Board, to ensure compliance with procedures.
* Ensure the inclusion of the category management process and supply chain management requirements into the contracting strategies.
* Ensure that the approved HSE standards and Goal Zero policies are fully incorporated in the process of contractor and supplier selection and in the subsequent work execution phases.
* Coordinate / conduct / lead reviews and audits of project contracting strategies, plans, and contract management processes and procedures to be applied to individual projects.
* Support project teams in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk and insurance specialists.
* Ensure the collection, analysis, validation, maintenance and capture of information and market intelligence relating the international engineering contracting market particularly within the relevant operating regions.
* Represent Company / Project in project benchmarking exercises from a contracting strategy perspective.
* Maintain a close working relationship with central, regional and local Legal Departments to ensure the inclusion of the necessary contract management aspects in the preparation of Terms and Conditions of Contract and related contractual documents.
* Maintain a close working relationship with Finance Departments to ensure that contract strategies and documentation are in compliance with financial governance requirements.
* Maintaining good relationships with joint customers, joint venture partners, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure commitment and support.
* Recognizing the different cultural and diverse characteristics that influence the contracting environment, including local content development.
* Developing contracting strategies and tactics for application in differing contracting markets. Particularly those with severe constraints on availability, capability and competitiveness of engineering contractors / construction subcontractors.
* Developing and sharing best practices, work processes, systems and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio of independent projects.
* An experienced professional, familiar with contracting roles on major capital projects.
* Proven management experience is essential, as is the ability to work effectively in a multicultural/diverse environment.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge, capability and competence in the following commercial, technical and interpersonal aspects:
o Application of contracting and procurement processes and tools.
o Project contract management.
o Development of category and project contracting strategies.
o Analysis and negotiating skills.
o Forms of Contracts and their application.
o Commercial acumen / awareness.
o Managing internal and external stakeholders. Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
o Comprehensive understanding of CP in a major project context.
o Detailed knowledge of project drivers in define through execute phases.
o Creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions and a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery.
o Applied knowledge of effective local content development.
o Proven record in leading multinational and multicultural teams.
o Experience of working in frontier project environments.
* Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent. Skill with CP professional competencies.
* Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty.
City : Peace River (Alberta)