Function: Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability, Ethicon Medical
Purpose of the position:
Responsible for implementation & Sustaining the J&J EHS standards and all related local regulatory compliance at the site .
This role will manage a team within the facility. Responsible for ensuring the facility EHS operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards. Partner with site leadership teams to establish and implement site EHS strategy and Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with the JJSC and/or franchise commercial strategic imperatives.
* Shared responsibility with site General Manager for EHS performance at the site.
* Partner with local management to develop and implement a site MAP to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance.
* Develop EHS objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
* Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, and salary planning process.
* Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
* Provides upper management with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
* Develop and implement EHS training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
* Support and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program.
* Maintain local ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications, OHSAS) by ensuring site EHS management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
* Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
* Degree in Sciences, Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related field.
* Should be a certified safety professional from a recognized institution and a certified lead auditor for Management Systems ex: ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 etc.
Experience: Atleast 8 years of EHS experience is required; must include extensive experience in EHS compliance during project execution stage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, process safety management and chemical handling is highly desirable. Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
Competencies/Skills and Abilities
* Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills. Superior team player.
* Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required.
* Business management - produce & maintain project schedules & budgets
* Interfacing - associates & local, state & federal inspectors
* Organizational skills - generate all required reports & record keeping systems
* Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
* Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
* Experienced in risk management
* Cross cultural experience and willingness to travel
* Proven track record of delivering upon expectations
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
* A strong collaborator with effective influencing and communication skills
* Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems.
* Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function.
Language Requirements: English and local / National language..