Responsibilities will be on a project by project basis and the management of signal engineering input into:
- feasibility studies/option analysis/appraisal;
- scheme development; detailed design;
- design checking; project management;
- technical advisor; project engineering;
- acting as responsible design engineer.
In collaboration with other discipline colleagues carry out business development as required.
Contribution to the engineering input to multi-disciplinary railway engineering (design and consultancy) projects
Observation of company quality, health and safety, environmental, commercial and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken
You will need the following:
- IRSE 1.1.160 Signalling Design Verifier and/or 1.1.145 Signalling Design Manager licence.
- Ideally an electrical engineering degree or alternatively, a suitable rail industry recognized qualification
- Extensive experience in signalling design and engineering management within a consultancy environment
- Ability to plan and produce compliant signalling schemes with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of signalling principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker
- Customer focused with commercial and financial awareness.