1. 1. To handle 1D thermodynamic engine cycle simulation.
2. 2. To handle 3D CFD simulation for (internal and external) fluid flow and thermal application.
3. 3. To develop methodology for setting boundary conditions for CFD analysis.
Key Thrust Areas/ Job Responsibilities:
1. To track the DVP status of each ongoing CFD project.
2. To communicate the simulation results by preparing the reports.
3. To ensure simulation & test correlation through systematic implementation of Design Verification Plan (DVP).
Key Tasks & Activities: Frequency
1. Carry out the CFD simulations as per DVP. Daily
2. Attend CFT meetings of respective projects. Weekly
3. To interact with CFD software support team for any technical assistance. Occasionally
Key Result Areas: MOP:
1. Performance evaluation of new engine/vehicle projects as per DVP. Adherence to CFD DVP, time & quality targets
2. Enhance CFD prediction capability by correlating with tests. No of correlations and percentage of correlation.
3. Attend trainings and guiding the juniors. Numbers of man days of training attended.
Qualification: M.E/M. Tech (Mechanical) Experience: 3-5 yrs
Competencies/Skills/Knowledge: (Top Three)
1. Should have hands on experience on CFD tools like Acusolve, SC/Tetra Cradle, AVL Boost, AVL Cruise, Converge, GT Suite etc.
2. Understand and Interpret CFD simulation and Test results & make recommendations.
3. Should be able to create CFD Design Verification Plan (DVP).
4. Should have Knowledge of Knowledge of Engine operating conditions.