This a senior finance professional role with experience / abilities of leading a team to oversee, monitor, partner with technologies and finance leaders, transformation for PMR Systems Infrastructure including various Business Intelligence tools and vehicles.
Provide thought leadership on strategic delivery of these infrastructures to support Performance Management
Lead the function which includes service delivery, accountability of data quality and strategic development of the PMR Information systems for Finance.
This includes thought leadership and execution of process capabilities and service offerings, building skill sets & talent pipeline, stakeholder engagement, high quality service delivery and controls.
* Participate, contribute and partner with GPM -- PMR, Technology, Other senior leaders for a BAU and strategic direction and steer on the overall Performance Management Information systems activities in Finance Operations.
* Sustain committed cycle time delivery of all relevant information systems and services.
* Own data quality targets across these systems and take responsibility to develop target actions for improvement and ownership for resolution and delivery.
* Partner with other senior leaders and stakeholders including senior governance forums such as the IMGC's on various data quality and service delivery initiatives relating to cycle time, operational controls and risk management of all impacted Performance Management Information systems.
* Providing an efficient and effective management direction for all processes and activities. Introduce and maintain high quality standards with respect to service delivery.
* Ensuring that an effective system of financial & operational controls are introduced, maintained and continually enhanced.
* Ensure robust KRI/KCS controls and checks are in place to manage operational risks. Ensure that major activities and processes are well documented with a robust BCP plan. Ensure robust controls and governance of PMR function across hubs.
* Ensure that all the critical performance targets/standards as agreed and defined under the Service Level Agreements are met and exceeded.
* Build and Sustain robust technology engagement to drive service improvements and minimal tech related outages.
* Embed a culture of continuous process improvement for efficiencies and strategically work for consistent evaluation and realizing effectiveness and process efficiencies.
* Work closely with Head -- Strategic Enablement Services/ Change.
* Engage senior stakeholders/ business CFO's to drive conversations in agreeing to deliver a shared agenda of improvements/enhancements within these systems.
* Work with GPM/ individually too on feasibility cases of hubbing contiguous processes and work with the objective of progressing towards seamless creation of efficient end to end process continuum from locations outside of Finance Operations.
* Work closely with business and country CFOs to ensure that the numbers delivered from these information services are reflective of existing business KPI's.
* As a Finance Operations senior leader, contribute to the strategic development of the centre and support driving Finance Operations MGs collective agenda.
* Work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and needs of PMR. Ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles and work with HR to structure right compensation for the division. Actively work on attrition management for the unit. Create sufficient bench to manage attrition efficiently.
* Evaluate opportunities for continuously promoting employee engagements. Encourage employees on their creativity, learning and development, CSR etc.
* As applicable, participate and drive finance transformation agenda across all teams within performance information services team and as required pan Finance Operations/ GSSC.
* Effectively handle change management post migration of new changes/system enhancements/version upgrades (from design to delivery) to Finance Operations. Manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes.
* Drive PMR function in Finance Operations moving towards end to end process based model from being organized to support geographic activities in the PM space.
* Partner with GPM and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across varied areas of Performance Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
* Global Process Manager (GPM)
* CFOs & Financial Controllers
* Business heads of Finance, Group Leaders
* CEO, HR Leads, Ops Risk, GIA, Legal & Compliance,
* Group Leaders
* Head of SES / Change
* Peers, DRs
* External auditors, local and overseas
* Senior members of other Finance Operations Centres in the industry.
Key Competencies and Experience
* A seasoned Finance Professional with a leading Global Financial Institution.
* Experience of having led a senior and experienced team of professionals.
* Substantial experience of banking/ financial services finance systems infrastructure including data warehouses, GLs, Business Intelligence tools, Work Flow Systems etc.
* A business executive with strong analytical and strategic planning exposure, coupled with a thorough grasp of corporate development and finance experience.
* Ability to build design and build structured processes with relative consensus of key leaders in the wider organization.
* Ability to understand and connect to business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the process.
* Responsive attitude to internal customers for sustenance of systems support and changes consistently.
* A leader and a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
* Ability to culturally orient in a diverse and international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
* Effective communication skills, including experience in presenting and influencing senior management.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/ she does not have direct authority and deliver on responsibilities effectively.
* Leadership & coaching experience of people with/ without a direct reporting relationship.
* Strategic/ innovative thinking capability and balanced commercial prudence.
* Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
* Will need to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence, and have excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
Chartered Accountant or MBA with 15+ yearsof core finance experience or technically qualified with finance professional qualification and experience of finance processes in large entities.
* Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services.
* In-depth knowledge of the drivers of business performance and relevant key performance measures of Banking Business.
* Understanding of key technologies in this area.
* A strong understanding of a bank's/large entity finance systems and infrastructure impacting processes.
* Project management skills and ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
* Make sound decisions (or influence making sound decisions) based on business priorities.
* Comfortable dealing with incomplete information, uncertainty, change and dealing with ambiguities.
* Excellent PowerPoint skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent people leadership and management skills.
* Strategic mindset and strong analytical capabilities.
* Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making.
* Relationship and stakeholder management competencies.
* Creates self-directed teams.
* Initiative and proactive thinker.
* Demonstrated systems and infrastructure understanding and transformational changes.