8-10 years of software development experience using traditional software development life cycle methodologies (covering requirements, design, development, testing and Implementation of n-tier architecture)
* Extensive experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and practices. Strong in following technologies
o OOAD/OOPS/UML, Design Patterns, MVC, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Java, J2EE
o Exposure to JSP, JSF, java script library, Ajax and UI frameworks
o Exposure to component model design, SOA, open sources framework/tools
o Web Services, JMS, XML, SQL& Oracle
* Must have exposed with Test Driven Development/Re-factoring ideas/ Domain driven design patterns/continuous integration/Build Automation / Data-Mapper framework/Mocks.
* Background in implementing n-tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and MVP/MVC architecture. Product conceptualization to realization.
* Architected and Designed at least one Enterprise Class Application End to End
* Well versed with tools for: Refactoring, Unit Testing, Design, Data Modelling, Profiling, Benchmarking
Work with application development teams, understand the functional requirements of the end applications and arrive at the functionality requirement for the platform
* Stay updated on the latest trends/ technologies for cloud enablement and PaaS and evaluate the platform capabilities vis--vis the trends; plan the roadmap to incorporate the required functionality
* Will be involved in research, architecture, design, development, testing, benchmarking and coordination with associated group(s)
* Responsible for right design and development of multi-tiered, distributed architecture, scalable applications in a client-server / web environment
* Provides knowledge leadership in relevant research areas, technology tools & standards and architectural governance. Provides guidance to project teams regarding guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
* Technical assessment (e.g. platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies, uptime/availability, business processes)
* Drive the technical strategy and lead team(s) in meeting the strategic objectives. Foster high performing technical teams. Identify and recruit technical leaders into the organization
* Designs complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, and directly supervises the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components
* Support and create a standard Framework for development projects, Common Library of re-usable components.
* Directives and Framework to consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.