Job Description Overview:
We are seeking a Financial Software Senior Technical Analyst, Support to provide Applications Support to our clients. This is a tremendous opportunity to break into the financial services industry and/or continue to advance business, product and technical skills. This role has many elements in which business analysis skills are also required.
* This person will work on and resolve client issues related to Calypso architecture, operating system, network, JVM and other Calypso infrastructure components
* Analyze application logs and suggest solutions for performance related problems on Calypso
* Carry out JVM performance tuning and profiling of the Calypso application
* Provide day-to-day support to the clients on Calypso infrastructure issues
* Analyze the source code and identify the causes of the problems reported by clients.
* Provided day-to-day support for 'best-practices'.
Skills & Requirements:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Technology
* Minimum 7 years working in systems or technical analysis, preferably in the capital markets industry
* Minimum 7 years of experience in commercial software including Core Java, Multi-threading, JDBC, RMI, J2EE, Linux, Sybase, XML (exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered)
* Good understanding of JVM performance tuning (Garbage collection, thread dumps and memory parameters)
* Experience on profiler tools like Yourkit
* Experience on Unix shell scripting for log manipulation and Ant script for building projects
* Experience on Eclipse IDE with debugging knowledge
* Application Profiling using Yourkit or any other tool
* Strong on Object Oriented Principles, Design Patterns etc.
* Knowledge of relational databases and SQL including working experience with Sybase and/or Oracle
* Willingness and ability to travel periodically, as required.
* Customer Relationship Management Skills
* Must be able to work independently
* Must be a fast learner, self-motivated, team player, and collaborator
* Strong problem solving skills
* Good oral and written communication skills are essential