Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the full system/infrastructure life cycle from design, development and testing all the way through testing, training and production customer support.
* Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment
* Prioritize and multitask simultaneous projects while helping to increase revenue
* Write high quality code, participate in code and design reviews, design/architect systems of varying complexity and scope, and create high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks
* Assure 24/7/365 systems availability
* Participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
* Analyze and address defects identified by QA and tech support.
* File patents as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
* Expert-level knowledge of systems and infrastructure design and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques
* Experience 'owning' the design of a major/large component of a system, infrastructure or software architecture.
* Experience creating and documenting public APIs and creating publicly available SDKs
* Experience designing and implementing secure, scalable, highly available infrastructures both on premise and in the cloud
* Experience with top tier cloud providers such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft highly desired
* Experience with Wowza Media Server a plus
* TDD and unit test experience a plus
* Scrum/Agile development methodology a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 10+ years of experience in systems engineering
* Experience with a variety of relevant technologies including Linux administration, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby, SQL, monitoring, Wowza Media Server, Java
A person interested in this job should have good communication and problem solving skills, work well in a team environment, and have the desire to continue to learn new technologies. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.