Key Responsibilities & Accountability
* Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the product and user requirements of the solutions we are creating.
* Generate appropriate design documents, wire frames and other forms of documentation
* Establish a necessary communication with various teams involved.
* Analyse, design & implement the solutions to address new requirements or bugs.
* Generate unit tests and other testing strategies to ensure the product quality.
* R&D activities on various platforms/technologies, product features.
* Expected to learn new technologies quickly, adapt the product to new platforms.
Skills & Qualifications
# Must know overall Android Architecture, Lifecycle, APIs and Framework.
# Experience in developing Android apps on 2.x+ Android SDK. Disclosing examples of work previously done would be highly recommended.
# Extensive knowledge on Android UI. Work done for various screens sizes including tablets.
# Knowledge in how to adhere to Android UI guidelines would be a plus. Experience in working with various UI elements like Actionbar, Navigation, Fragments, etc.
# Extensive knowledge in network programming using HTTP/TCP protocols would be a plus.
# App development experience with video player would be a plus.
# Solid understanding of performance analysis, optimization, tuning and caching strategies.
# Significantly skilled in debugging & testing techniques.
# Experience within an Agile Development methodology, in particular Scrum.
# Knowledge of App Signing, Build Tools & Procedures.