The thermal generation project manager has responsibility for project management of thermal power projects in sub-Saharan Africa. The thermal project manager will be required to:
- Be a key senior member of Mott MacDonald's local and global thermal generation business
- Participate in the development of the market plan and business plan for thermal generation across Mott
MacDonald's Africa business, drawing on all relevant parts of the Group:
- Support proposals and bids with technical inputs
- Delivering work to local and global thermal generation teams.
- Providing leadership, market and technical knowledge and guidance to various junior team members.
The suitable candidate will have extensive experience in the thermal generation power market and have a thorough understanding of a wide range of the technical disciplines in order to engage with clients with a strong technical background. In addition a summary of experience of skills is as follows:
- Degree in an mechanical discipline
- Experience of large international projects and a strong appreciation of the thermal power sector
- Experience in managing client relationships on projects
- Strong network in the thermal generation sector
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- A positive must win attitude
- Flexible working attitude
- Team player