- managing all mechanical design elements of building projects, focusing on delivery.
- working as principal mechanical designer on various projects with hands on involvement in HVAC system design from concept through to detailed design/tender documents, reviewing the design of junior/intermediate engineers, ensuring quality of work is maintained to a high level, writing and checking specifications/equipment schedules, ensuring coordination is being carried out between all disciplines
- knowledge of Gulf-centric sustainability benchmarking procedures (GSAS, Estidama, LEED ME, etc.)
- knowledge of low energy systems and their practical implementation
- knowledgeable of the latest integrated building management systems and capable of writing sequence of operations along with points schedules - fundamental knowledge of primary electrical engineering services
- assisting in managing MEP resources
- client and design team liaison on projects
- delivering engineering solutions and reporting results to managers - assisting in the development and management of the team within the local office.
- providing mentoring and advice to more junior members of the team. - providing capabilities and knowledge in the aspects involved in design of tall buildings.
- significant post graduate experience, likely to be in excess of 10 years
- experience of working with building services (design) market, ideally in multidisciplinary consultancy environment.
- experience of leading the Mechanical Design in a variety of sectors (retail/commercial/residential/educational/metro)
- experience of successfully leading large projects from concept to delivery
- a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices
- ability to clearly communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience i.e. during meetings
- ability and willingness to coach and mentor junior technical staff and provide them with clear direction
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- available for some overseas travel.