Channelplay is one of India's leading retail marketing companies, working with most of the world's leading mobile phone, laptop and consumer electronics brands on their retail marketing efforts in India. We've grown explosively over the last 8 years of our existence, and currently have over 4000 employees across the country delivering the best in retail marketing to our clients.
Channelplay's Learning Solutions vertical is responsible for designing highly effective training solutions for improving sales and customer service effectiveness of frontline and store level employees. This vertical currently delivers training programs for leading global organizations such as Apple, Blackberry, Google and many others using a mix of channels such as in-store, classroom, e-learning and m-learning.
This role is responsible for entrepreneurial management of the Learning Solutions vertical - with a broad spectrum of responsibilities responsible for overall development of the business. These include operations management, customer relationship management, analytics, innovation and business development.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an effective long term vision and strategy for the Learning Solutions business, including - areas for new business solutions, areas for competency development, and initiatives for brand building.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, which along with great operational delivery will make Channelplay the partner of choice for all retail marketing projects for the customer.
- Manage team of Program Managers and Assistant Program Managers to ensure flawless operational execution of Learning projects for clients - maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Business development on leads generated through referrals from ongoing projects, or through Channelplay's corporate marketing efforts to win new business, and thus grow revenue and profitability.
- Maintain insights into competition to be able to maintain an advantage against competitor strategy and tactics.
- Conceptualize and execute corporate marketing campaigns in coordination with corporate marketing team for lead generation.
Skills & Experience Required for Success in This Role:
- Aptitude for Innovation: Our ideal candidate would be someone who in the past has shown an aptitude to not just accept the status quo and focus on maintaining it through good management - but would have had ideas for improving things. A tinkering/improvising attitude will be important for being on a process of continuous improvement, and will help you have ideas for an effective long term strategy.
- Business Management Aptitude: This role at Channelplay puts people in charge of a P&L statement, a significant amount of approval authority on cost and revenues, and control over a large team of people. The ideal candidate will be comfortable to take responsibility of, and thus accountability for, all of the above.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: While experience in business development and client management is not a prerequisite, a successful professional in this role will have experience of interacting with senior stakeholders in own or partner organizations, and will have the necessary emotional maturity and communication skills to develop effective working relationships.
- Team Management: You should have managed mid and entry level professionals, and should be able to manage teams through effective KPI setting, delegation and monitoring, but not requiring micro or hands-on management. A good manager would have spent more than 80% of his time setting up processes and systems for proactive good management, and less than 20% of his time managing issues and escalations.
- Training Related Knowledge: You should have exposure to some sales methodologies/programs, ability to design training programs to meet business needs, ability to manage content design and development of training tools such as LMS and e-learning and m-learning apps.
- Education: Regular full-time MBA from IIMs/MDI/FMS or similar
- Experience (No. of years): 4+ Years of experience
- Experience (Industry): Any
- Required Evaluations: Interview with Senior management