Key Responsibilities :
Inspection of Steel structures in conveyor galleries, technological structures and gas line supports to understand its health to initiate timely interventions and prevent deterioration in health of such structures
He will be also responsible for defining acceptable level of inspection parameters for rapid and detailed inspection for any location based on production / environment impact on structure life.
RCFA analysis of any failure in structures under his control.
1. Defining structural inspection requirements based on location and criticality for all areas under him
2. Preparation and review of NDT reports , supervising and monitoring NDT activities, Maintaining of Quality records, Interpretation of standards and codes in drawings
3. Pipeline welding inspection as per API 1104 & ASME B 31.4/31.8 (API 5L X 52/60/65)
4. Mapping of corrosion, vibration issues, sagging, etc for the building structures
5. Inspection of crane gantries
6. Welding crack identification in these structures
7. Coordinate Non Destructive Testing (RT, UT, MPI, PT) and inspection, PWHT
8. Preparation of Inspection reports
9. Levelling , alignment, Geometric accuracies related inspection
10. Vibration levels of structure arising out of rotating machinery
Thorough Knowledge of relevant engineering software like Staad Pro. Newer technologies to be explored for easier inspection and earlier detection of issues.
Promote Safety in inspection and maintenance in line with Tata Steel standards.
6-10 years experience in QA / QC inspection of
Structural construction / NDT/testing
piping -- construction / NDT / Hydro test
Welding NDT / Visual / Drawing review
Vibration monitoring of steel structures