Purpose of role:
The Process Engineering Manager (India) is a key leadership role which assists the Plant Manager, Silvassa in delivery of engineering objectives for new projects and plant improvement initiatives in India. The role provides process optimization/ continuous improvement and process safety discipline . This includes developing process safety resolutions to mitigate hazards and reduce operational risk and providing process engineering support to appraise conceptual engineering solutions for the projects in India, as well as to support the transitioning of these concepts into detailed engineering, execution and operations.
The role is a dedicated resource reporting regionally to allow more flexibility to use expertise across multiple facilities.
Key Results/ Account-abilities expected from role:
- Specifies and assures policies, process and engineering attributes required to control the quality/safety/environmental outcomes of new projects and (existing) process improvement initiatives
- Process engineering evaluation concept design stage at Appraise/early Select stages to ensure that projects going for preliminary Sanction (dFM) have a sound basis for pre-funding requests for Define.
- Ensuring industrialization of new and modified formulations to be introduced into the India plants
- Reviewing / endorsing Technical MoCs for in India, including the development of inherently safer process engineering solutions
- Ensures that assets/equipment/systems operates within the specified design parameters accounting for variability in product and operating characteristics
- Ensures that the process operates to deliver quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Provides coaching and strategic support to plant engineering teams on sustaining Asset Integrity at the facility level in a manner best suited to their individual operating demands/challenges
- Participates in assurance audits
- Deploys and assures relevant Group, Segment (R&M) and SPU Engineering standards and technical practices as delegated.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired) :
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Production or Industrial Engineering
- Consumer packaged good experience.
- Supply Chain experience
- Knowledge of process safety hazard's analysis and risk assessment methodologies.
- Demonstrated process engineering, process safety and related experience.
- Knowledge of all relevant oil and gas industry codes, standards and regulations associated with process design and process safety engineering.