HSSE Manager will be responsible for all HSSE functions in the plant. He will report to the Plant Manager and will work closely with the other functional managers to ensure complete compliance to all HSSE standards and policies of the Company as regards the Plant.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role :
- Provide a strong & clear focused support to the plant ensuring that HSSE related risks are understood, assessed & reduced.
- Coach & monitor and achieve the strategic HSSE objectives and compliance with applicable HSSE policies, standards and regulations.
- Proactively address HSSE issues and effectively communicate with site personnel and contractors regarding HSSE performance, strategies, policies, standards and programs; and recognizing, sharing and adapting applicable lessons learned and best practices
- Coach, influence and reinforce positive HSE behaviors for all employees and contractors.
- Integrate HSSE systems and programs into all plant operations. Ensure that the all plant operations and processes are in accordance with established HSSE guidelines and develop guidelines wherever these are not available. These programs include Traction, Defensive Driving, Induction program, Contractor Assurance Program, Personal Safety and the Golden Rules of Safety.
- Specify applicable safety, health and loss prevention equipment design/ performance standards and requirements and facilitate implementation.
- Interpret and implement the Incident Management Plan /emergency plan and provide support for carrying out emergency exercises. Provide HSSE expertise in the event of an emergency at the site Establish a system of Mutual Aid with neighboring industries.
- Interpret and help implement all applicable legal and other requirements related with HSSE.
- Participate in and facilitate incident / accident investigation related to our employees, Contractors & Third parties. Carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA), recommend corrective and preventive actions and monitor implementation.
- Facilitate Road Safety Programs / Meetings with the Transporters and tool box meetings.
- Identify, manage and organize various types of HSSE training for employees and contractors.
- Organize Risk Assessment and audits at the plant, 3rd parties and blow molders recommend improvements and monitor implementation.
- Ensure that all appropriate HSE documentation is maintained in the plant 3rd parties and blow molders.
- Drive ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 compliance and improvement PROGRAM.
- Drive implementation of the Driving Safety Standards and Managing risk associated with road transport. Support the implementation & monitoring of the Driving Safety Standard (DSS)/rules/policies.
- Performance Monitoring and Audit of transport contractors in accordance with road safety KPIs to assure consistent practices are in place.
- Communicate and engage the workforce and employees around the expectations of the Driving Safety Standard and also develop new and innovative ways to get our message on expectations of Driving Safety Standard to the workforce.
Key challenges faced on the role :
- Constant engagement with workforce and contractors.
- Delivery of HSSE KPI in time and as per the requirement.
- Engagement with external stakeholder like MPCB, Factories Inspector.
Experience & Expertise :
Education: Graduate / Diploma Engineer (Electrical /Mechanical / Chemical preferable). Diploma in Industrial Safety or any other qualification in Safety will be highly desirable
Experience & Knowledge:
- 8-10 years related experience in maintenance, projects and engineering/ production operations in plant is essential with 2 years experience in HSE role.
- Good knowledge of applicable industry and government safety, health and loss prevention standards and regulations. Experience in ISO 14001 & OHSAS - 18001.
Language : Knowledge of Marathi will be an advantage .