The role will report to an AVP Business Planning.
Candidates from Insurance/ Financial industry.
Financial Reporting and support for business reviews
* Profitability analysis of all distribution channels across the company for presentation to the top management and interaction with stakeholders.
* Periodically review the actual vis--vis budget, forecasts.
* Identify required process improvements to enhance quality of MIS and initiate actions.
* Present departmental costs, analysis of trends.
* Prepare the reporting presentation for management/ business reviews.
Budgeting and Planning responsibility
* Provide Business Planning & Analysis to facilitate gathering, interpreting and conveying financial information in an analytical manner which supports financial planning.
* Manage formulation of budget, forecast plans keeping in sight the organizational objectives.
* Prepare and develop alternative scenarios and sensitivity analysis.
* Contribute in the development and implementation of planning and control best practices.
Financial Analysis and decision support
* Review and analyze proposals for sanction of capital expenditure, new initiatives/ projects, keeping in sight the organizational objectives and formulate recommendation.
* Apply appropriate management control tools and manage execution of sanction processes.
* Measure the performance of the branches and make recommendations for actionables.
* Generate review/ tracking mechanism giving feedback on approved capex/ business cases.
* Exploit capabilities of technology tools (SAP,BW,BPC) aggressively to enhance efficiency of the function.
* Study performance trends of the competitors in the industry and prepare comparative analysis vis-a-vis our performance.
* Assist in financial analysis of strategic tie-ups and related initiatives.
The person is expected to demonstrate networking skills with the business teams and an appropriate understanding of business.