We are seeking a competent individual to promote and facilitate British Columbia's Trade and Investment related business activities with India, focusing on the Digital Entertainment sector ~ Films, Animation, Gaming, Wireless / Mobile technologies and ICT.
Investment Attraction and Trade Promotion
Contribute to achieving the objectives of Trade and Invest British Columbia -- India, focusing on the Digital Entertainment sector (Films, Animation, Gaming, Wireless / Mobile technologies and ICT) and provide support to the other industry sectors. The key responsibilities include (but not limited to);
- Pro-active identification of opportunities for exports of products, services and technologies from British Columbia (BC) to India, and qualifying companies in India with the potential to invest in British Columbia, whilst communicating the benefits and advantages of doing business with India, and investing in B C related to the Digital Entertainment segment
- Develop and manage a client portfolio, providing services to assist British Columbia's businesses with market entry / business expansion in India
- Relationship Building with Clients, providing market intelligence and value addition related to doing business with India
- Qualify business needs and the potential to invest in British Columbia, by organisations in India
- Maximise business results through value addition to clients, implementing the business development strategy, delivery of inbound and outbound business missions, business & trade events, market visits by organisations
- Nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders and industry in India and B C, through leveraging the expertise on international investment and trade towards strengthening the business engagement between the two geographies
- Liaise with allies in India, Canada's Federal Trade and Investment agencies, local governments and other partners to support BC's economic interests in India
- University degree / Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Business Development or a comparable discipline, suitable to the work activity
- 8 - 10 years of related business development, marketing or international trade promotion and investment attraction experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The individual works under minimal direction and carries out advanced professional level duties.
- Extensive knowledge of the market environment in India, with the proficiency specific to the Digital Entertainment sector ~ Films, Gaming, Animation, Wireless technologies and ICT will be an advantage
- Preference for applicants with the familiarity on British Columbia, Canada, regions in North America
- Sound understanding of factors relevant to international business development ~ Government policies and processes; aspects related to export / import and investment
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English and other Indian languages; presentation skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent British Columbia in a professional capacity
- Demonstrated experience in client/customer relationship management, with the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key decision makers, through highly honed business liaison skills
- Ability to;
- Provide advice, assistance and market intelligence to clients on business opportunities and business issues relating to India and B C
- Plan and organize programs for visits, events, seminars, B2B meetings with minimum supervision
- Co-ordinate priorities within deadlines and achieve performance / business objectives
- Optimize Technology/Tools to improve client services and sharing information within the network
- Utilise networks in B C and India to help achieve results, in a commercial environment from a trade / investment development perspective
- Professional Integrity and Team player
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Client Focus
- Initiative and accountability
- Network / Alliance Building
- Interpersonal Relations & Respect
All applications will be reviewed against the mandatory and desired requirements of the job.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including interviews with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant's knowledge, abilities, competencies and personal suitability for the position.
In addition, tests may be conducted to assess the applicant's qualifications and skills. Reference verification shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.Employment terms
This is a contractual position until March 2017.
The extension of the contract beyond that date is subject to discussion, and mutual written agreement.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate's competencies and current market standards.How to Apply
Through email - Jobs@britishcolumbia.ca
Applications must contain the subject heading - "Sr. Manager - Digital Entertainment - Mumbai"
Closing date for receiving the applications -- Monday, 10 August 2015