Reporting to: Vice President - Data
Job Description: Qualifications, skills and experience:
* Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of Industry related data. Develop a comprehensive Industry related database solution, coordinating for all information, producing key data releases.
* Ensuring databases and processes are streamlined in a way to allow industry research data team to function in an efficient manner. Provide insightful analysis, observation and recommendation for improvement opportunities Experience in manipulating/data mining of industry related data with collation and analysis for impactful presentation of data
* construct and maintain industry wide research Dashboards for a series of sectors
* Maintain knowledge of industry trends and practices for potential business impact and future enhancement of industry data. Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information. Exposure on global countries with key eye on industries specific datapoints would be a plus
* Need to manage and transform concepts of various data onto product platform. Discuss with the various data sources and contributors(domestic/international), method of data delivery, and managing required paperworks and legal formalities
* Collaborative approach to work, involving internal and external stakeholders in reaching end results
* Create and support contributions for industry(sector specific databases, industry operating metrics models
* To source data from domestic and international data vendors, periodicals, associations and industry specific bodies and corporates.
* At least 5 years experience in sector related data/research / in a data analysis role at a financial institution, brokerage houses / or corporate.
* Strong analytical skills, with ability to interpret and detect patterns in data. Skills in organizing multi level time series data
* Keen interest in the Indian/global industry and key eye on core industries across the world.. Should be abreast with the latest trends and regulations in majority of the sectors. Should have sufficient knowledge on broad based industries and the underlying commodities/products consumed as raw material and finished products. Should have working knowledge on the trading environment on domestic and international commodities.
* Should be able to establish working relationships with local contributors and clients.
* Should be able to convert the understanding of data requirements and information needs of clients from various ecosystem like government agencies, corporate, banks, etc.
* Instrumental to acquire data from various sources
* Should have UG/PG from Finance/economics background from a reputed institute and strong grades.
* Should have understanding of the foreign exchange, bond, and money market and familiarity with commodity and equity markets. (preferable)
* Experience in entire data dissemination life-cycle and processes preferable. Exposure to information terminals preferable.
* Effective research and analytical skill with financial statement knowledge and industry sector specialization a plus
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Be highly motivated, disciplined, self- driven, and passionate. Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly. Should be willing to travel.
* Must be able to work in a close team environment as well as independently
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required to match speed. Must have the ability to multitask under tight deadlines
* Strong PC skills specifically with Excel is required
Experienced person from Industry research background
Senior data co-ordinator from large sized brokerage houses,credit rating agencies, banks or Information vendors like Morning star, Thomson reuters, CMIE,Capital Market,BPO/KPO etc
Educational Qualification: UG/PG Degree in Finance, Economics