Qualifications, skills and experience:
* Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of economic data and efficiency of team members.Develop a comprehensive economy related database solution, coordinating for all information, producing key data releases.
* Ensuring databases and processes are streamlined in such a way to allow the economy team to function in an efficient manner. Provide insightful analysis, observation and recommendation for improvement opportunities Experience in manipulating/data mining of economic data with collation and analysis for impactful presentation of data
* Maintain knowledge of industry trends and practices for potential business impact and future enhancement of economic data. Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information. Exposure on G20 countries economy would be a plus
* Collaborative approach to work, involving internal and external stakeholders in reaching end results
* At least 3-5 years experience in economic data/research / statistical agency/ in a data analysis role at a financial institution, government department or corporate.
* Strong analytical skills, with ability to interpret and detect patterns in data. Skills in organizing multi level time series data
* Keen interest in the Indian/global economy and financial markets. The candidate should be abreast with the latest trends and regulations in local market environments and be able to establish working relationships with local contributors and clients.
* Should be able to convert the understanding of data requirements and information needs of clients from various ecosystem like government agencies, corporate, banks, etc.
* Instrumental to acquire data from various sources
* Should have UG/PG from economics background from a reputed institute and strong grades.
* Should have understanding of the foreign exchange, bond, and money market and familiarity with commodity and equity markets. (preferable)
* Experience in entire data dissemination life-cycle and processes preferable. Exposure to information terminals preferable.
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Be highly motivated, disciplined, self- driven, and passionate. Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly. Should be willing to travel.
* Must be able to work in a close team environment as well as independently
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required to match speed. Must have the ability to multitask under tight deadlines
* Strong PC skills specifically with Excel is required
Experience: 5-7 years
Experienced person from Economy research
Senior data co-originator from large sized brokerage houses,credit rating agencies, banks or Information vendors like Morning star, Thomson reuters, CMIE,BPO/KPO etc
Educational Qualification: UG/PG Degree in Statistics, Economics