Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful and effective implementation of annual audit plans of the Internal Audit Unit in the organisation
- Preparing audit annual audit schedules in consultation with the regional offices/functions and the Audit team
- Taking up periodic audits of the partner organizations, Local Rights Programmes/Direct Initiatives as well as that of Offices/Units/various Functions of the organisation.
- Taking up special audit/review based on needs of the organisation.
- Submit timely and quality audit reports to the management ensuring follow up and compliance to minimize possible risks to the partners
- Carry out risk assessment, analyse the same and prepare periodic Audit Risk Matrix for management review and decisions.
- Provide support in effective functioning of the Management /Governance Audit Committee of the organisation and operationalise decisions of the Audit Committees
- Support processes relating to internal and external audits and assist in submission of management response.
- Manage a team of internal auditors as well as liaise with the group of empanelled external auditors to meet the audit schedules and compliances
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, represent Audit function in Senior Management Team meetings, Finance and Audit Committee of the Governing Board and other such forums/bodies and contribute to the decision making processes of the organisation
Skills and Competencies:
- Post Graduate in Commerce/ICWA/MBA- Finance. A qualified Chartered Accountant is desirable.
- Minimum 7 - 9 years relevant experience, post studies, preferably in the development sector /NGOs
- Sound knowledge of statutes such as Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), Income Tax, Professional Tax, Labour Laws, etc., and its applicability, particular to the development sector/NGOs/INGOs.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures and practices of accounting and maintenance of financial records and transactions.
- A good team player, gender sensitive having strong conviction and skills for the empowerment of the poor and disadvantaged groups and women.
- Strong communication skills, result orientation, ability to manage a team and ability to suggest solutions to complex problems
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills
- Should be willing to travel extensively.
- Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
Tenure & category of Employment:
Fixed Term - 3 Years Contract [may be extended purely on the basis of performance and organizational requirements]