- Responsible for efficiently planning and executing Direct and Indirect taxes functions, which include Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Service Tax and Tax withholding aspects, positions with respect to the DTAAs and other local taxes
- Ensuring timely assessment and filing for multi legal entities of :
- Income Tax Returns
- TDS Returns
- Service Tax returns
- PF / ESI / Professional Tax / VAT returns
- SEPC Return / SFIS compliances in compliance with various statutes.
- Responsible for proper application of the appropriate position of services tax as is applicable to the professional services sector. This currently entails a real-time review of each client contract and suggests appropriate structures where required. Involves significant interaction with the Service Lines teams.
- Drafting of Appeals and appearing before regulatory authorities (IT/Service Tax officials, Tribunals etc).
- Responsible for initiating a continuous review of existing claims and analysing new avenues for tax savings.
- Ensuring compliances with the Transfer Pricing regulations; expat/mobility tax regulations.
- Liasioning with internal tax consultants and counsels.
- Risk mitigation in the organization through Internal Audit.
- Quick Implementation of Internal & Management Audit reports.
- Accuracy and Completeness in Compliance.
- Ensures that the Tax department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above.
Responsible for continued development of these associates.