1. Core Java language development
2. J2EE development including application servers like Tomcat / Websphere / Weblogic and corresponding web server, IDEs like Eclipse, server-side application development
3. Development frameworks like Spring and ORM concepts with specific work on Hibernate or iBatis
4. Database programming using SQL on Oracle 9i / Oracle 10g
5. XML & Web Services
6. Build tools like ANT / MAVEN and Experience with source control tools like SVN / CVS/ PVCS
7. Systems Analysis - Ability to read and comprehend business and functional requirements to develop detailed sign documents.
8. UML for design documentation like class and sequence diagrams
9. Implementing code quality tools like SONAR, Checkstyle, PMD etc.
10. Unit Testing Framework