Excellent Opportunity with US MNC Client in Bangalore
Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Industry Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP (desired)
Must have 4 years supporting a post-sales enterprise client/server architecture along with a strong knowledge of server hardware setup and troubleshooting expertise. Vendor management and experience in supporting clinical and/or health care applications a plus.
Key Responsibilities :
- Team up with Migration team for all the migration activities &Co-ordination with Migration CE Project Managers on all systems that are still pending Tech Live. This could include troubleshooting system issues pre / post migration activities
- Involve in planning& forecasting discussions with front-end migration team on upcoming and on-going migration activity
- Strong understanding on - infrastructure- & - infrastructure related- components
- Analyzing & troubleshooting various compute and storage hardware (IBM & DELL) issues quickly and effectively that can be administered remotely
- Good analytical knowledge on administering VMWare virtualized infrastructure which include
1) Install, Configure, Manage virtualized infrastructure - HA, vMotion, DRS, EVS
2) Installation, configuration & management of OSand application(s)
3) Creation of virtual machines, clones, snapshots, backup etc.
4) Configuration modification to existing virtual machine(s)
- Provide infrastructure related technical consultation to both local & remote migration teams
- Analyzing and troubleshooting Operating Systems issues quickly and effectively
- Create and maintain documents all the actions taken during migration activity including problem description and resolution through internal tracking and knowledge base system
- Creating various reports for the metrics defined on periodic basics
- Occasionally travel to customer sites with QE to perform HA upgrades from older Windows Cluster system when it cannot be done remotely.