The purpose of this role is to support our multi-discipline Engineering Design Office. All work is carried out under the direct supervision of the Design Services Manager. You will be responsible for the progress of design projects, from initial kick-off to issue of deliverables.
* Production, verification and validation of engineering calculations utilizing 3-D structural and 3-D FEA design analysis software packages, to comply with various international codes and standards, relevant to both oil and other industries.
* Compilation of design packages consisting of implementation procedures, calculations, planning charts, etc.
* The incumbent should actively assist with the development of design team systems and methods.
* Carrying out site and offshore dimensional and system surveys and preparing detailed survey reports.
* Provide guidance and technical backup to other design team members.
* The incumbent must work within project financial limitations as dictated by the Design Services Manager.
* Preparation of design estimates and control of project costs.
* Liaison with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and contract support staff as required.
* Provision of guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
* Assist with the recruitment and training of design staff.
* Carry out planning, supervision and review of team members data for all types of projects.