Reporting to : Head - Marketing
Role & Responsibilities :
The position is responsible for product development & management of a Backpacks category. Develop products by identifying potential product gaps; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing go to marketing strategies for various sales channels and implementing them. All this by building a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, design and development teams.
- Responsible for complete ownership of product category from concept to Go to market strategy
- Provide detailed business plan of the product/category; including contribution per product/product category
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or POS changes.
- Assessment and benchmarking of market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales channel heads to develop product launch, GTM & product sales improvement strategies.
- Assesses product market feedback by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedule by working with production, SCM and Sales team
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with sourcing and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by setting up processes and building knowledge bank, MIS & processes
- Travels to China regularly & interacts with overseas factories (especially in China) both long distance via e-mail communication & FTP file exchange as well as face to face in the domestic factories to create products that meet margin requirements.