Main Function :
- Develop and manage operational relationships with our clients through pro-active affirmation and confirmation of Derivative trades.
Assist the AVP in the running of the daily BAU functions, including :
- Acting as the escalation point.
- Conducting training with junior members of staff and new joiners
- Taking the lead in UAT for departmental initiatives and projects and proactively suggest system enhancements to improve team efficiency
- Affirmation of Derivative trades with internal and external counterparties
- Production of ISDA paper trade confirmations for all vanilla and some complex Interest Rate Derivative trades.
- Incoming validation and matching of paper and electronic trade confirmations, including DSMatch.
- Responsible for the effective management and resolution of trade discrepancies, including:
- Acting as the first point of contact for Premier clients. Use extensive knowledge of derivatives and the function as a whole to ensure exceptional client service is provided to the firm's high value, or sensitive clients.
- Uphold the controls and procedures for the team, and highlight any control gaps identified to management to ensure that these are reviewed and addressed as necessary.
- Prepare Local and Global MIS for distribution to management
- Proactively cross train on all functions performed within the team and across the department to gain an in-depth understanding of the derivative products and processes in order to drive synergies within Post Trade Services.
- Degree educated with 3-7 years experience in an OTC Confirmation environment